Te Anau Holiday Park Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Please find the answers to our most frequently asked questions below. Can't find what you're looking for? Please don't hesitate to contact us.
- Check-in time is after 2.00 pm (depending on room availability)
- Check-out time is before 10.00 am
- Reception hours as follows:
Winter hours: Weekdays 9.00 am – 6.00pm, weekends 9.00 am – 12.00pm & 1.30 pm to 6.00pm
Summer Hours: 07.30am – 08.00pm
- For bookings made from 01 December 2020 onwards: all pre-booked accommodation shall be paid in full 24 hours in advance of arrival
- Bookings made on or before 30 November 2020: all accommodation is to be paid in full at the time of arrival unless previously arranged
- Valid credit card details are to be provided on arrival for security or incidental charges
- Rates advertised are in NZ dollars and include GST. Prices, discounts, and rates as shown on this website are subject to change without notice
- It is recommended that all guests have travel insurance arranged before travel
Yes! Our reception staff are knowledgable about things to do in Te Anau & tours to take in Fiordland. They will be happy to offer you information and to make reservations on your behalf before and/or upon your arrival in Te Anau. In the peak season, it is best to pre-book any tours that you wish to take.
Full payment is required at the time of booking your activity. All bookings are subject to availability and cancellations are at the discretion of the tour operator (most require a minimum of 48 hours notice).
Please view our full reservation and cancellation policies in the POLICY section below. You will also be advised of our policies upon making your booking.
NOTE: Reservations made via third-party websites, such as Online Travel Agents (OTAs), are subject to that website's particular booking policies.
Please Note: Only one discount applies per stay – amounts do not accrue:
- VIP Kiwi Holiday Park Card holders receive a discount of 15% which applies to all accommodation options (max discount $35)
- Holders of BBH cards receive a discount of 10% per cardholder in our Backpackers rooms
- New Zealand Motor Caravan Association members receive a 10% discount for Motor Homes & Tent Sites
- Further discounts apply for longer stays off-peak
Due to the remote location of Te Anau, internet connections and Wi-Fi speed can vary, particularly if you are accessing overseas-based websites. We have recently had fibre installed in the park to assist with the Wi-Fi connectivity.
Wireless Internet aerials cover most of the Holiday Park Grounds with the strongest reception in the Tracknet waiting room and the Luxmore amenity area.
We have four areas where Laundries are located. All are coin-operated. Wash and Drying cycles are approximately 35 minutes in duration.
The majority of our washing machines are cold wash, regular cycle but we do have hot wash or selectable cycle machines that are available at 2 of the laundries.
Dryers are also available in all laundries and are coin-operated. A Drying Room is available at our West Arm Complex to dry larger items such as tents, backpacks, and hiking boots. This heating system is on timers and it is complimentary. Hand-washing facilities & clotheslines are available throughout the park.
Te Anau Lakeview Holiday Park has a dog and pet-friendly policy. Pets, including dogs and cats, are allowed with owners agreeing to the Holiday Park’s 'Pet Responsibility Form'.
Conditions of stay:
- Please be aware that pets of all kinds, including birds, rats, mice, cats, and dogs are not permitted inside any of the buildings or areas owned by the Lakeview Holiday Park. This is to ensure a hygienic healthy environment for all guests who use our facilities.
- All pets must be on a leash and/or restrained.
- Pets are not to cause a disturbance or be a nuisance to other guests.
- Pets are not to be noisy or aggressive.
- Pets are not to be left unattended.
- Deposits are to be picked up and placed in the rubbish bin.
- Management reserves the right to ask guests to vacate the park if it's deemed their pets are not being controlled and/or they become a nuisance to other guests.
There are televisions in the Luxmore, Kepler, and Coronation communal lounges and our Steamers Beach Lodge and West Arm Lodge Lounges for the use of our guests.
Standard Channels 1,2,3 on all Televisions and in selected Lounges where Sky TV is advised channels include. Sky Sport 1 and 2, Sky Movies, Disney Movies, and Choice.
Washing machines and Dryers within the Holiday Park require coins to operate. Showers DO NOT require coins, they are included in your camping fees.
If your arrival time will be past our reception opening hours, please contact us and we can offer an alternative check-in procedure.
Te Anau Holiday Park Policy
If you have any questions with regards to our policy, please don't hesitate to contact us.
At the time of reserving your accommodation with Te Anau Lakeview Holiday Park, Credit Card details are required from which the first night’s accommodation will be debited to confirm your booking. The remaining balance will be charged 2 days before check-in.
Rooms and facilities are not to be occupied until you have registered at the reception.
Reservations made via third-party websites, such as Online Travel Agents (OTAs), are subject to that particular website's booking policies.
Your credit card will be charged for the first night of your booking at the time the reservation is made. This payment will be taken via our secure Wind Cave facility (formerly Payment Express). The name that will appear on your statement will be Te Anau Holiday Park LTD
General Cancellation policy is advised at the time of booking, if booking via a third-party or OTA (Online Travel Agent), please read booking conditions carefully as these policies can vary.
DIRECT BOOKINGS CANCELLATION POLICY:
- Cancellations made more than 24 hours before arrival: Receive a refund of deposit charged less a 10% admin fee which is calculated on total booking cost.
- Cancellations made within 24 hours of arrival: No refund – full accommodation cost will be charged.
- Cancellations for reservations made via third-party websites are subject to that website's cancellation policies.
- In the event of a No-Show, full accommodation costs will be charged. We will endeavour to contact the guest to clarify. Unforeseen circumstances may be taken into consideration.
Full payment is required at the time of booking. All activity bookings are subject to availability. Cancellations and refunds are at the discretion of the tour operator (most require a minimum of 48 hours' notice).
Important Note: Prices, discounts, and rates as shown on this website are subject to change without notice – charged at rate valid at the time of booking.
Rates are in New Zealand Dollars and all include GST
We ask that you respect other guests by limiting noise made after 10.00pm. Antisocial behavior shall not be tolerated and a behavior charge of $50.00 per person may be deducted from your credit card if you are causing a nuisance.
No noise will be tolerated after 10.00pm.
To address issues relating to safety, noise, disturbance & nuisance. Te Anau Lakeview Kiwi Holiday Park reserves the right to:
- Collect credit card details as security and/or request payment of a security bond by individuals or a group
- Refuse entry to individuals or a group
- Remove individuals or a group without a refund
- Request payment to fix, clean, or replace damaged, spoiled, or destroyed property
- Failure to provide valid credit card details as security will result in refusal of entry
This page explains our approach to privacy on our website and how it affects you. In short, the following applies:
- We collect anonymous usage statistics about your visit, for example, which pages you viewed on our website.
- If you share personally identifiable information with us we take great care to keep it safe and we’ll never share it with others without your express permission.
- We never share your data with third parties except to help us deliver our services.
In more detail:
WEBSITE: We regularly review our website and make updates as appropriate. The website uses the HTTPS protocol. Credit card payments will be taken via our secure Windcave facility (formerly Payment Express) Facility.
EMAILS: If you provide us with your email address we may send you emails, either in reply to specific enquiries or to tell you more about our services. You can opt-out of any communication at any time. Te Anau Holiday Park will not, except as required by law, share this information with any other third parties without your permission. We will never provide your personal information or email address to any third parties except where they are specifically employed to help deliver our services.
GOOGLE ANALYTICS: We measure visitors to our website using Google Analytics. This records anonymous information about pages viewed within our site, how we were found, and other basic information that shows somebody visited our site.
BOOKING ENGINE: We use a product called RMS to take secure bookings through our website. We use this supplier working in conjunction with Windcave to provide you with a reliable, seamless, and secure booking process. Any personal information you share when making a booking will be shared with RMS and Windcave to process your order.
YOUTUBE: We may embed code that YouTube provides to highlight our accommodation, attractions, and tours around Te Anau
PERSONAL DATA: You have legal control over your personal data, and so you may at any time:
- Get a copy of any personal data we hold about you
- Have any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete data corrected
- Ask that personal data be erased when it’s no longer needed
- Ask that your data is not used for marketing purposes
If you need to do so then please get in touch with us using the details below.